Chaggy's Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Bonds being the biggest a$$hole

Welcome from my suite here in Chi-Town before my trip down to St. Louis, to see the first place Cardinals vs the second place Cubs. But that's not what i'm ready to bash, i have to bash Barry Bonds. What are you thinking blasting Boston, which has to be the greatest Sports nation in the USA, forget New York and forget Los Angeles Boston has the best sports casters and the best sports writters, where else can you find Bob Ryan. Now getting to the iddiot Bonds with this killer quote, ""Boston is too racist for me,'' he said. "I couldn't play there.''

It is a judgment, he acknowledges, not derived of firsthand experience -- he missed the 1999 All-Star Game, played in Boston, because of an injury -- but on word-of-mouth.

"Only what guys have said," he said, "but that's been going on ever since my dad [Bobby] was playing baseball. I can't play like that. That's not for me, brother.""
(~Thanks to Gordon Edes, Boston Globe staff; full article can be found at http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/06/18/18bonds/)
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*
How can you even think of talking about Boston when you admit that you've never played there, so how can you even think about bashing a place you've ever seen. So I talk about how I think St. Louis is a great place to live, well I wouldn't know that because I've never lived there. You can't judge a book by it's cover so how the hell can you say that you can't play there if you've never even been there. Let me tell you after that comment I can almost guarantee that Boston wouldn't want your ass here. Get the hell out of baseball now while you still have a chance.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Now on to Jeers and Cheers
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
The first time i've ever done this, a jeer to Woody Paige. How the hell can you cover wimbleton when you're sitting in an office in Denver, come on now Paige.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Jeers to Mark Cuban, what are you doing and what the hell are you thinking you want to be Donald Trump's caddie, how about his hair styleist since he needs one.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Cheers to the Cards for the absolute roll they've been on
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Another thing I've never done, Cheers to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and they've been on an absolute roll
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Catch you guys soon, when I have a report on Busch Stadium.
~Chaggy


1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger cerri said…

    no cheers for me? fine. be like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home