Chaggy's Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2004

A review of ballparks, my list of ones to goto and the ones to skip

Typing this on no sleep since I had to fly back to Beantown very, very early this morning. Yes I flew in at 1:30 in the morning St. Louis time because i had a family emergency, so I typed this on the plane ride home and now I'm uploading it. For those readers at home who know me, my cousin broke his neck while skateboarding so I had to get home as soon as I could so right after last night's game I was looking for a flight.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Well fans I'm now up to a grand total of 16 ballparks; Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Skydome, Olympic Stadium , Busch Stadium, Wrigley Field, US Cellular Field, Camden Yards, Coors Field, Tropicana Field, The Ballpark in Arlington, Dodger Stadium, Networks Associates Coliseum, PNC Park, and Jacobs Field.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
My favorite park, and this may surprise some of my readers but the park that I loved the most was Camden Yards in Baltimore. In this park you can get good seats for a price you can afford to pay. Great atmosphere plus it's the best looking stadium i've been too.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Another pick for a great park is Fenway Park. Ok I can hear the HOMER chant now but there isn't anything like catching a game at Fenway Park. It has the most electric atmosphere that you'll find anywhere, and forget it if it's Sox vs Yankees.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Ok this is another shock for some of my readers but another park I loved was Yankee Stadium, and I'd like it more if the Yankees didn't play there. This ballpark has so much history and being a history buff when I went I took a tour and I was able to go to monument park which was cool to see being a Baseball fan.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Now onto the parks that should be closed forever;
Skydome, Tropicana, and Olympic Stadium. Is anybody else surprised that I picked the three domed stadiums in Major League Baseball. I've never been to the Twins stadium so I can't comment on how that stadium is.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Skydome sure you can get a good ticket for any game on the schedule but who goes to those games, their biggest crowd thi syear as about 20,000. People in Canada really don't care about Baseball. It's horriable and I'd rush to see this park before it falls on itself
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Tropicana, is a horriable stadium, the playing conditions are dirt poor, oh I'm sorry it's not even dirt. I sat in the Bullpen party area and they weren't bad seats but then again the stadium doesn't draw. I was happy to be there during the Game when Wakefield had a nohitter through 8+ innings and that was the only highlight of that stadium.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
And now to the stadium with the worst food I've ever had and that would be Olympic Stadium. I don't know if you can even call it a stadium. It's too round for me, a baseball stadium has to look like a stadium while this was just round.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
Stadiums that I really didn't mind that other people have complained about was Busch stadium. It may have been that it was a Cubs vs Cards game that I saw but I really didn't think that it was that bad.
/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-
That's the blog for today.
~Chaggy

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger cerri said…

    okay bunch of things

    1. hope your cuz gets better
    2. busch rocks
    3. canadian baseball teams are stupid
    4. was tony's good?
    5. i can't believe you left at 1:30 in the morning!!

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Justin said…

    Lemme know whan you hit Minute Maid. I'll holla at 'cha about what to check out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home